Join us to uncomplicate the world on the international stage of logistics.
With a strongly entrepreneurial and human-centered culture, there is a world of growth and possibilities awaiting the right candidate at Scan Global Logistics. Is that you?
In the position as Group Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing first-class legal support to SGL. The team you’ll be joining is currently consisting of 4 fulltime and 2 part time legal professionals providing legal support to the global organization on a broad range of legal matters. You will report to the Global General Counsel. We offer flexible working hours, and you will have a base in our office in Viby J, Aarhus.
The role will be responsible for managing all aspects of legal risk, identifying, and solving strategic and operational legal issues and providing understandable, accurate and timely advice to the business on a very wide-ranging and changing set of complex issues, many of which are novel.
Your tasks may include:
What we expect you to bring:
- Review, drafting and negotiating a large variety of international commercial contracts in a global company
- Insurance and handling of claims
- Corporate matters in the group including M&A and integration of companies
- General compliance including drafting/reviewing policies, GDPR disputes etc.
- Support the Global General Counsel, and other functions as required
- Other ad hoc legal assignments
With this great opportunity at hand, we’re looking for the right person to join us. You aren’t perfect and neither are we. But to guide you as to whether you will thrive with us, here are some specific requirements we are looking for:
- 2 to 5 years’ experience from a law firm and/or an international or Danish company as a legal counsel with proven legal skills and a strong commercial approach
- English speaking and writing
- Excellent communications skills
Some travel activities will be expected of this role.
Your mindset and attitude:
- An eye for details and able to provide simple solutions and guidance to complex issues
- Not afraid to take the initiative and responsibility
- Work well in a busy corporation
- Team player
- Work closely with other departments both in Denmark and around the world
Scan Global Logistics is a Nordic based full-service global logistics provider present on all continents. From businesses across all industries to life-saving humanitarian organizations, we go above and beyond to bring anything to anywhere – whether by road, rail ocean or air.
We are guided by our fundamental virtues respect, entrepreneurship, integrity, and fun
and strive to bring a human approach to everyone, everywhere.
We run on the energy of good people and no system or formula can compensate for that. Therefore, we also do what we can to unlock every employees’ personal and professional potential so we together can grow and thrive.
Ready to uncomplicate the world?
By now we hope you’re getting a sense of who we are and what we offer, and if you are looking at your screen and thinking; finally someone who gets it, you may well be the one we’re looking for. The next step is that we get to know who you are. That’s why we are looking forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
If you have more questions regarding the role, please feel free to give Henrik H. K. Christensen, Global General Counsel, a call at phone +45 26 72 78 94, or visit www.scangl.com